Upper 50s and sunny
YHC arrived at the Grill which was a buzz with activity. The local running group was hosting a 5 and 10K race. I avoided being recruited to help set up and awaited the arrival of 3 other PAX.
Day’s Thought: “Get Right” – The pursuit of proper personal alignment
“I have the right to do anything, you say – but not everything is beneficial. I have the right to do anything – but will not be mastered by anything.” 1 Corinthians 6:12
- A man must “get right” before he can do anything else
- An unfit man is a slave to his lack of self-control
- To be able to help others, a man must first help himself
The Q source topic was discussed intermittently throughout the workout with some carry over to coffeeteria afterward.
Mosey to the tennis court for Warm-a-rama: Arm Circles, Abe Vigoda, Cotton Pickers, Monkey Humper, Best Stretch Ever, Calf Stretch, Side Squats, Seal Jacks
- Sprint ~ 100 yards, 10-15 Merkins and walk back to start. 10 X (over 1/2 mile of sprints); varied the Merkins each round — Diamond, Wide, Ranger, Staggered Right, Staggered Left, Carolina Dry Docks, Derkins, regular Merkins, Irkins
- 1-leg Prom Dates (IC) 10 each leg
- 10 Underdogs and 10 Pullups X2
- 15 Dips (IC)
- 15 Step Ups (IC) each leg
- 10 In and Outs (IC)
Mosey back to the shovel flag for Mary: Dealer’s Choice — American Hammer, WWI with hands by side, V Ups, Plank for 10 count each, Superman 30 count, Flutter Kicks, Heals to Heaven, Imperial Walkers
COT: Our hearts were broken to hear that a young couple in my church tragically lost their 18-month-old son this week. Prayers for God to minister to their hearts as only He can.