YHC pulled up to The Grill on this Saturday morning to find the AO overrun with carnival rides and booths. I’m sure we could have found some fun ways to incorporate the ferris wheel or tilt-a-whirl into the workout but opted to stick to the weinke. YHC originally planned a modified Murph workout for Memorial weekend but Mr. Clean convinced me to join him on Memorial Day for an actual Murph challenge so the workout was quickly re-tooled. The Exicon was referenced and military-themed exercises without too many pull-ups or merkins were chosen.
The disclaimer was read and accepted.
Warm-a-rama: Arm Circles, Sun Gods, Abe Vigoda, Side Squats, Grass Pickers, Imperial Walker, Best Stretch Ever, Calf Stretch, Hamstring Stretch
• 1-mile Scout Run along the river trail; moseyed to the playground
• Morning Call: Pullups/People Chair – a few rounds of one PAX running to the pull-up bar to knock out several pull-ups while the remaining PAX held a wall sit against the concession stand.
• 20 Prisoner Squats
• Slalom-style run – a few rounds of running between cones with a Bear Crawl back
• 10 PCMB – Prisoner Cell Merkin Burpee (1 Merkin, bring Rt knee in and back, 1 Merkin, left knee in, 1 Merkin, both knees in and jump up)
• Stairway to Seven: 1 Burpee, 1 Irkin, Run up the stairs, 1 Squat, return; repeat 6 times with increase by 1 each time
• Another round of the slalom-style runs with Bear Crawl and Crawl Bear
Mary: American Hammer, Hundreds, WWI Sit Up, WWII Sit Up, LBC
Throughout the workout we had a lot of good mumblechatter about the sacrifice of military who gave their lives in active duty. We also talked about some of the essence of manhood being protectors of family and country. We not only workout to keep ourselves fit but to also better serve others.
Announcements: PAX invited to join Mr. Clean at Crossfit Fluid gym on Memorial Day for a Murph Challenge
Name-a-Rama: Beaker, Mr. Clean, Ringworm
Praise/Pray Requests: Thanksgiving for our county and the freedoms we enjoy by God’s grace and the sacrifice of many men and women who gave of their all for our country. Father, help us to live our lives sacrificially by living third.