A foggy morning broke following the torrential rains the night before leaving a soggy park for our workout.
Seven PAX including one FNG vacated the fartsack despite various plausible reasons why they could have skipped the workout including a 12-hour drive the day prior, working late into the night in the rain to keep the lights on for the rest of us, and managing a sodden campground.
The mission and principles of F3 were explained to the FNG and the disclaimer was given and accepted by all except Teardrop who arrived late but just in time for Warm-a-rama: SSH, Arm Circles, Abe Vigoda, Monkey Humper, Peter Parker, Plank Jack, Carioca, Butt Kickers, High Knees, Frankenstein
• DMC – markers set at 10, 20, 30, and 40 yards (YHC intended to set markers to 50 yards but didn’t realize that one needs 6 markers not 5…duh). Duck walk 10 yards; 5 Merkins; Crawl Bear back; Repeat for each marker and ladder up 5 Merkins each time. The final crawl back convinced YHC that it was fortunate the markers were miscounted.
• Indian Run around the park (~ ½ mile)
• Randorama – 10 each in rapid succession: Squats, Side Planks, Jump Squats, Carolina Dry Docks, Imperial Walkers, Burpees
• Fire Drill – PAX in circle, high knees. Each in turn calls out Fire and all hit the ground, roll right Merkin, roll left Merkin and back up. Following this exercise, we were all thoroughly wet with both sweat and dew along with a coating of grass clippings. We figured we’d make a great impression at coffeeteria.
• Suicide Shuttle Run – 10, 20, 30, and 40-yard markers.
• Deconstructed Burpees – 10 Squats, 10 Leg Thrusts, 10 Merkins, 10 Leg Thrusts; ladder down from 10 to 1. This was a favorite of the PAX. YHC feared a rebellion would break out except they lacked the energy to do so.
• Captain Thor (1:4 ratio of Big Boy Sit-Up: American Hammer; start with 1:4 ladder to 10:40)
• People’s Chair for a 10-count from each of the PAX
Mary: Dealer’s Choice – Imperial Walkers, Box Cutters, Freddie Mercury, Hollow Body Rockers, Side Plank Dips, Parker Peters. Wichita had the privilege of calling the final exercise and decided to challenge us with a strong finish of 50 reverse crunches. These new younger PAX are going to push us to new heights (or kill us older guys in the process)
COT: Announcements – Boulder Scramble 11-Aug, Count-a-Rama, Name-a-Rama: welcome Mr. Green into F3. He got his name from his nursery business and it rhymes with Mr. Clean (such is the logic of F3 names). We also had to re-name Wooly since YHC realized there is already a Wooly in the Fleetwood PAX so after much deliberation; he was officially re-named “Ditto”. Prayer – Wichita’s sister as she battles some health issues; thanksgiving for the privilege of coming together as men to motivate each other to accelerate in our fitness, fellowship, and faith.